By late morning, shares had plunged 11.7% to $28.26.
The oil and gas holding company reported a quarterly net loss of $52 million, or 29 cents a share, compared to a net loss of $23.1 million, or 13 cents a share, in the year-ago quarter.
Adjusted earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) was $377.1 million, 3.3% lower than a year earlier.Excluding one-time charges, the company earned 17 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast 40 cents a share. Revenue was 1.5% higher than a year earlier to $715.5 million, but fell short of consensus of $767.8 million. Must Read: How WhatsApp Helps Facebook Hit $80 STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates QEP RESOURCES INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate QEP RESOURCES INC (QEP) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: QEP Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV