Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: Top 3 Companies: POM, PDLI, KKR
KKR (NYSE: KKR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.00%. Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. is a private equity investment firm specializing in acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, special situations, growth equity, mature, and middle market investments. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.50. The average volume for KKR has been 2,508,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. KKR has a market cap of $7.0 billion and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are down 0.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates KKR as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 147.22% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 35.55% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, KKR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- KKR & CO LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KKR & CO LP increased its bottom line by earning $2.29 versus $2.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.39 versus $2.29).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 187.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $96.73 million to $277.91 million.
- KKR, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 16.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 29.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for KKR & CO LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 13.76%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 41.29% has significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full KKR Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV