3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: HME, MAC, EEP
Macerich Company (NYSE: MAC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.10%. The Macerich Company is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 57.32. The average volume for Macerich Company has been 901,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Macerich Company has a market cap of $8.5 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 3.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Macerich Company as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MAC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for MACERICH CO is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.43%. Regardless of MAC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MAC's net profit margin of 48.06% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has decreased by 16.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $174.25 million to $144.98 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, MACERICH CO underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Macerich Company Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts