3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: CTL, OFC, PDM
Piedmont Office Realty (NYSE: PDM) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.70%. Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. engages in the acquisition and ownership of commercial real estate properties in the United States. Its property portfolio primarily consists of office and industrial buildings, warehouses, and manufacturing facilities. The company has a P/E ratio of 38.70. The average volume for Piedmont Office Realty has been 1,193,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Piedmont Office Realty has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 4.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Piedmont Office Realty as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 105.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $14.44 million to $29.62 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST has improved earnings per share by 12.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST increased its bottom line by earning $0.44 versus $0.36 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 25.0% in earnings ($0.33 versus $0.44).
- PDM has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 12.36% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The gross profit margin for PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST is rather low; currently it is at 21.21%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.43% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Piedmont Office Realty Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts