CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation's largest retailer of used cars and one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for a decade, is recruiting for more than 1,200 positions in locations across the country. The company is growing and offers a variety of career opportunities. The majority of open positions are in sales, with additional positions in service, purchasing and the business office. Positions range from full and part-time permanent positions, with day and evening shifts available.
"For 20 years, our focus on respect, diversity and teamwork has guided the way we do business and the way we hire," said Tom Folliard, president and CEO of CarMax. “Associates are immediately welcomed into a culture of personal and professional development with strong pride in what we do every day.”
CarMax offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, paid time off, insurance and disability, and retirement options for full-time associates. The company also offers competitive pay and promotes a comfortable and diverse work environment. Stores are equipped with climate controlled, state of the art service bays with quality equipment, as well as flexible schedules. Employees also receive discounts on car purchases and other services.
Some of the areas with a large number of sales opportunities include Albuquerque, N.M.; Hartford, Conn.; Baton Rouge, La.; and locations in the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Md. area.“CarMax is a growing company and it’s an exciting time to join our team,” said Knight Miller, recruiting manager for CarMax. “Applicants should have strong customer-service skills, a willingness to work varied retail hours and a desire to join a team focused on integrity and transparency.” How Can Job Seekers Apply?
- Applications are only accepted online. Job seekers should apply at http://www.carmax.com/careers.
- The CarMax website provides videos with first-hand accounts from associates, as well as more information about a career at CarMax.
- Technicians require previous automotive experience, however most positions do not.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV