New Lifetime High For Methanex Corporation (MEOH)
- MEOH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.1 million.
- MEOH has traded 7,518 shares today.
- MEOH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MEOH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MEOH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MEOH: Methanex Corporation produces, supplies, and sells methanol to petrochemical producers and distributors. The company also purchases and re-sells methanol produced by others. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. MEOH has a PE ratio of 19.0. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Methanex Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Methanex Corporation has been 858,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Methanex has a market cap of $6.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. Shares are up 9.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Methanex Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 32.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 188.59% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 85.14% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MEOH should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- METHANEX CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, METHANEX CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $3.41 versus -$0.79 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 191.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$139.85 million to $127.80 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, METHANEX CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Methanex Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts