Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Dunkin Brands Group (DNKN) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Dunkin Brands Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DNKN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $50.0 million.
- DNKN has traded 4,801 shares today.
- DNKN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DNKN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DNKN NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on DNKN: Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, owns, operates, and franchises quick service restaurants under the Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins brands worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. DNKN has a PE ratio of 36.8. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Dunkin Brands Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.The average volume for Dunkin Brands Group has been 982,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Dunkin Brands Group has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.44 and a short float of 10.2% with 6.50 days to cover. Shares are up 5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dunkin Brands Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 37.96% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- DUNKIN' BRANDS GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 21.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DUNKIN' BRANDS GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.36 versus $0.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.82 versus $1.36).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 22.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $34.34 million to $42.07 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, DUNKIN' BRANDS GROUP INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Dunkin Brands Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about DNKN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV