Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE), a global technology and specialty materials company, is presenting a technical paper on an all-thermoplastic composite storage cylinder for use in fuel-cell automobiles and showcasing new material innovations for advanced fuel systems during the ITB Automotive Energy Storage Systems 2014 conference March 5-6 at the Sheraton Detroit Novi Hotel in Detroit, Michigan.
Celanese, who is also a conference exhibitor, will deliver the technical paper during the Sustainable Energy Solutions session.
- 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 6: “Development of a Monolithic, Thermoplastic Composite Type IV Pressure Vessel for Hydrogen Storage on Automobiles” by Greg Clark and David Almond of Celanese, and Dr. Matthew Turner and Andrew Clarke of EPL Composite Solutions. They will highlight their study to design a vessel and develop a manufacturing process for an all-thermoplastic composite storage cylinder for use in fuel-cell automobiles.
In addition, Celanese will highlight at its exhibit:
- Hostaform® PTX POM Series: A new flexible high-impact acetal copolymer (POM) for in-tank automotive fuel tubing, which offers excellent toughness and resilience (-40 degrees Celsius), broad chemical resistance, low moisture absorption and superior dimensional stability. This injection and extrudable POM has similar mechanicals to PA11-P and PA12-P but is oligomer free.
- Flexible Fortron® PPS: This next generation flexible polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) provides superior high temperature resistance above 135 degrees Celsius, toughness and resilience to -40 degrees Celsius, chemical resistance to road salt and automotive fluids, no contamination related to oligomers or plasticizers and excellent permeation resistance. In addition, it is compatible with existing processing and forming technologies.
- Fortron ICE 717F PPS: Developed for long-term performance with aggressive fuels, this new polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) withstands the increased operating temperatures of hot diesel engines and enables higher efficiency pumps with less energy consumption thanks to tighter dimensional stability.
Celanese offers a product line of high-performance engineering polymers with a spectrum of advanced properties that include exceptional electrical and mechanical performance, thermal and chemical resistance and dimensional stability demanded by fuel and hybrid powertrain systems.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts