A well-designed lifecycle management program can help community leaders plan and control spending on public safety technology while guaranteeing performance levels over a multi-year time frame. The city of Greensboro, N.C., and Guilford County, N.C., are working with Motorola Solutions Inc. (NYSE: MSI) to design a comprehensive management strategy that enables them to maintain optimum system performance and interoperability while adapting to evolving standards and changing technologies. Motorola’s Migration Assurance Program (MAP) gives customers an effective lifecycle planning solution to help deal with long-term budget needs and concerns while delivering consistent network performance and enhancing community safety no matter how extensively the system changes over time.
The goal of MAP is to deliver a migration and management solution that customers can use as an operational business plan and technology roadmap for their ASTRO® 25 network software and hardware. This includes annual guaranteed, fixed costs for product updates, system expansions, future feature enhancements and high-level implementation and management plans jointly created and based on customer input. By simplifying ongoing system maintenance and future upgrades to the Greensboro-Guilford County, N.C., Triad Regional Operability Network (TRON), officials can focus on their mission of protecting citizens and less time on the technology that helps them carry it out. MAP also allows Greensboro and Guilford County to build a roadmap for an expanded regional public safety system that will include other municipalities joining the TRON network. The expansion project will be clearly defined for new and existing TRON users with long-term goals and predictable expectations on costs.
- MAP provides a customized plan based on the goals and needs of the TRON in a predictable and budgeted manner.
- MAP allows customers to build an operating-style funding structure that ensures predictability, eliminates surprises and lets them control their network evolution in terms of migration, operations, upgrades and expansion.
- The Greensboro-Guilford County, N.C. TRON is a regional ASTRO 25 System that currently supports the North Carolina cities of Greensboro, High Point and Burlington as well as Guilford County. The system consists of numerous remote sites, dispatch positions and more than 6,000 public safety radio users.
SUPPORTING QUOTESWesley Reid, interim assistant city manager, City of Greensboro “Motorola Solutions has worked closely with us to establish a customized migration program based entirely on our specific needs. By eliminating the variable, unpredictable capital expenditures involved with upgrading our public safety radio network, the Migration Assurance Program helps ensure delivery of maximum performance over the life of the contract.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts