TORONTO, February 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Using a base case 0.3% Cu cut-off, AMEC estimated a Measured Mineral Resource of 295 million tons, an Indicated Mineral Resource of 977 million tons [ 1 ], and an Inferred Mineral Resource of 1.313 billion tons on four deposits (Maturi, Maturi Southwest, Birch Lake and Spruce Road) occurring on approximately 13% of the footprint of the prospective portion of the Twin Metals Minnesota (TMM) property block.
- The AMEC update confirms an increase in contained metal for all products: copper, nickel, palladium, platinum and gold.
- Exceptional continuity and correlation in the closely spaced Maturi Deposit fence drilling results enabled AMEC to upgrade a portion of the Maturi deposit to the Measured classification.
- The AMEC updated mineral resource estimate highlights a growing Platinum Group Metal (PGM) and gold resource of 5.0 million ozs Measured, 17.2 million ozs Indicated and 13.4 million ozs Inferred in the Maturi, Maturi Southwest and Birch Lake deposits. The TMM project has one of the world's largest palladium and platinum resources outside of South Africa.
Duluth Metals Limited (" Duluth", "Duluth Metals") (TSX: DM) (TSX:DM.U) today announced that it has received an updated draft NI 43-101 Technical Report on the consolidated mineral resources for the Twin Metals Minnesota Project in Northeastern Minnesota prepared by an AMEC E&C Services Inc. (AMEC) team led by Dr. Harry Parker, RM, SME. This updated study utilizes 916 drill holes and 312 wedge offsets, and reports a significant portion of the Maturi deposit upgraded to the Measured Resource category. A full report will be filed in 45 days on http://www.SEDAR.com.
The majority of the increase in total contained metals in the 2014 resource estimates reflects the addition of the Maturi Southwest Deposit. The change in category for a significant portion of the Indicated Resource to Measured Resource reflects the excellent continuity of the resource demonstrated by the close spaced fence drilling completed at Maturi. The new classification by category is shown in the following table:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV