- Real Future has completed the rollout of 4G/LTE in Central, Western, Northern and Southern Thailand
- Users will enjoy an improved smartphone experience, with faster web browsing and downloads and better network performance.
- Expansion to be completed in remaining areas during the first quarter of 2014
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 26, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Real Future, a subsidiary of True Corporation Plc under the True Mobile Group, is stepping up its ambitions to expand mobile broadband coverage in Thailand's urban areas. The expansion will allow the True Mobile Group to offer its 22.4 million subscribers improved mobile broadband experiences based on HSPA and LTE technologies.
Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is deploying the latest multi-standard RBS 6000 family of radio base stations, along with a range of services including project management, system integration, interoperability testing, network design and implementation, as well as competence development of personnel.
Vichaow Rakphongphairoj, Managing Director & Chief Operating Officer of True Corporation Plc, says: "We are happy to offer our subscribers an improved smartphone user experience, with faster web browsing and downloads. This further strengthens our mobile broadband leadership as the first to launch 4G/LTE in Thailand. It means more exciting opportunities for businesses, as well as new services for subscribers."Camilla Vautier, Head of Ericsson Thailand, says: "We are pleased to be True's technology partner, and as a global HSPA and LTE leader, we are committed to work with True Mobile Group in meeting the highly growing demand for mobile broadband service in Thailand." Ericsson is the market leader in LTE. Today, 50 percent of the world's LTE smartphone traffic is served by Ericsson networks, which is more than double the traffic of our closest competitor. More than 180 LTE RAN and Evolved Packet Core networks have been delivered worldwide, of which more than 120 have gone live commercially. Ericsson is present today in all high-traffic LTE markets including the US, Japan, South Korea, Australia and Canada, and has been selected by the top 10 LTE operators, as ranked by LTE subscriptions worldwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV