Trade-Ideas: Weatherford International (WFT) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- WFT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $149.6 million.
- WFT is up 2.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WFT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WFT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WFT: Weatherford International Ltd. provides equipment and services used in the drilling, evaluation, completion, production, and intervention of oil and natural gas wells worldwide. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Weatherford International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Weatherford International has been 7.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Weatherford International has a market cap of $11.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.19 and a short float of 1.6% with 1.26 days to cover. Shares are up 0.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Weatherford International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $326.00 million or 41.12% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 22.90%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.09 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, WFT maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.70, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for WEATHERFORD INTERNATIONAL is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.74%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 0.57% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Weatherford International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV