TEL AVIV, Israel, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- RiT Technologies (NASDAQ: RITT), the leader in intelligent infrastructure management, today announced that The Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel has deployed RiT's PatchView+™ IIM (Intelligent Infrastructure Management) solution as part of its network upgrade program to manage its physical infrastructure, enhance network security, streamline maintenance and improve network utilization.
The Weizmann Institute of Science deployed PatchView+ in a dense inter-connect network environment to provide the following:
- Real-time database of infrastructure components for report generation.
- Automated and streamlined work orders and provisioning of new equipment,
- Future integration with an Oracle billing system,
- Enhanced security at the physical and logical network level.
Mr. Ofer Aaronson, The Weizmann Institute of Science's Head of IT Infrastructure Branch commented, "PatchView+ is a valuable tool in optimizing our physical infrastructure, for automating billing and the provisioning processes; and for cutting down maintenance overhead. The combination of these benefits translates into a more efficient and effective network environment: we can now track the actual usage of the network and eliminate time consuming manual work procedures.
"In addition, PatchView+ adds another important layer to our physical security by alerting us to any unintended changes on the patch panels. PatchView+ is also an important complement to our anti-malware system, pinpointing the physical location of endpoints infected with malware, and giving us enough time to act quickly to prevent it from spreading through the network."PatchView+ is the ideal solution for The Weizmann Institute of Science's new state-of-the-art network infrastructure," commented Mr. Motti Hania, RiT's CEO. "We are pleased that the system has already begun enhancing productivity and are confident that it will enable long-term savings in infrastructure, resources and management overhead." About PatchView+™PatchView+ enables network and data centers to automatically manage all components of the network infrastructure, no matter how large or complex. Uniquely identifying every piece of network equipment, PatchView+ builds a comprehensive database of the entire physical infrastructure and keeps it accurate in real-time. Combined with RiT's CenterMind™ Software, PatchView+ provides managers with a comprehensive real-time of view of all assets; pinpointing visually and through reports and alerts the status of each and every device in each cabinet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV