By market close, shares had added 8% to $45.33.
Trading volume of 4 million was more than five times its three-month daily average.
The health foods chain reported net income of 38 cents a share for the three months to December. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had anticipated net income of 37 cents a share.Quarterly revenue of $256.4 million was 15.6% higher than a year earlier and beat consensus by $3.1 million. Comparable retail store sales jumped 4.6% and e-commerce sales soared 25.5% compared to the year-ago quarter. Also See: GNC Holdings Plummets on Weak 2014 Guidance STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates VITAMIN SHOPPE INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate VITAMIN SHOPPE INC (VSI) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. Among the primary strengths of the company is its revenue growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: VSI Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV