On 2/27/14, Regions Financial Corp's 6.375% Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series A (RF.PRA) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.3984, payable on 3/17/14. As a percentage of RF.PRA's recent share price of $24.11, this dividend works out to approximately 1.65%, so look for shares of RF.PRA to trade 1.65% lower — all else being equal — when RF.PRA shares open for trading on 2/27/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.63%, which compares to an average yield of 5.76% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, RF.PRA was trading at a 3.80% discount to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of RF.PRA shares, versus RF:
Below is a dividend history chart for RF.PRA, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.3984 on Regions Financial Corp's 6.375% Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series A:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Regions Financial Corp (RF) makes up 4.37% of the KBW Bank Portfolio ETF (KBWB) which is trading lower by about 0.3% on the day Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV