The company reported earnings per share of 56 cents, which was short of the Zacks consensus estimate of 61 cents and marker a 37.1% year-over-year decline from 89 cents. The company cited lower price realizations as the reason for the weak performance. Total operating revenue declined 6.1% year over year to $239.3 million from $254.9 million and came up short of the consensus estimate of $245 million.
For the full year, Stone Energy earned $2.88 a share, down from $3.03 one year earlier. This also missed the consensus estimate of $2.94. Revenue for the year totaled $974.2 million, a 2.4% increase from $951.5 million one year ago.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 77.13% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SGY should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for STONE ENERGY CORP is rather high; currently it is at 69.77%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 14.15% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $163.54 million or 31.36% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, STONE ENERGY CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -51.05%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SGY Ratings Report