By midafternoon, shares had dropped 8.9% to $82.04. Trading volume of 2.1 million was nearly four times its three-month daily average.
The company, which manufactures equipment for the hydrocarbon and industrial gas industry, recorded quarterly net income of 82 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast earnings of 83 cents a share.
Sales over the three months to December totaled $303.8 million, unchanged from a year earlier, but short consensus by $19.3 million.For fiscal 2014 ending December, management guides revenue between $1.3 billion and $1.35 billion with per-share earnings of $3.10 to $3.50. Analysts had anticipated earnings of $3.73 a share on $1.37 billion. Also See: Chart Industries Reports Q4 and FY Results STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates CHART INDUSTRIES INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate CHART INDUSTRIES INC (GTLS) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GTLS Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV