VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 25, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Huakan International Mining Inc. (TSX-V:HK) (the "Company") is pleased to provide the updated metallurgical testing results for the J&L project, the Company's 100% owned precious and polymetallic advanced exploration property, located near Revelstoke, BC. Since last reporting on the J&L metallurgical test work in January 2013, the Company has continued laboratory studies for confirmation purposes, ongoing process optimization, and variability testing.
- The results of the metallurgical test work program support the advancement of the J&L project metallurgy and have better defined the process flowsheet. Overall concentrate grades and recovery of gold, silver, lead and zinc continue to be promising for all of the J&L ore zones tested, using conventional technology.
- While further testing is planned with project development, a successful concept for processing the Main Zone material consists of dense media (DMS) sinks going to differential flotation to produce separate lead and zinc concentrates both having precious metal credits. Further recovery of the remaining precious metals in the Main Zone can be accomplished on site using pressure oxidation (POX), followed by cyanidation in order to produce doré.
- The Yellowjacket material can incorporate portions of a similar flowsheet without the need for DMS and with the elimination of the POX and leach circuits.
- The metallurgical testing assumed an average grade of the mill head from the Main Zone at 9 g/t Au, 67 g/t Ag, 2.5% Pb, and 4.2% Zn; and from the Yellowjacket Zone at 0.1 g/t Au, 55 g/t Ag, 2.0% Pb, and 7.9% Zn.
- For the Main Zone, the current results indicate average metal recoveries can be expected to be 93% Au, 70% Ag, 74% Pb and 80% Zn.
- For the Yellowjacket Zone, the current results indicate average metal recoveries can be expected to be 94% Ag, 88% Pb and 93% Zn.