VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 25, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Huakan International Mining Inc. (TSX-V:HK) (the "Company") is pleased to provide the updated metallurgical testing results for the J&L project, the Company's 100% owned precious and polymetallic advanced exploration property, located near Revelstoke, BC. Since last reporting on the J&L metallurgical test work in January 2013, the Company has continued laboratory studies for confirmation purposes, ongoing process optimization, and variability testing.
Over the last year the test work has focused on the two most critical aspects of the circuit design, consisting of base metal flotation and leach pre-treatment for improving precious metal recovery. The differential flotation investigated variability samples of different grades and spatial locations, including samples from both the Main and Yellowjacket Zones. This included locked cycle flotation tests. Additionally, precious metals recovery was further evaluated in response to treatment for on-site doré production of the gold and silver that does not report to either of the lead or zinc concentrates. The majority of the test work has been performed at Inspectorate Exploration and Mining Laboratories located in Richmond BC, under the supervision of the Company's independent QP, Frank Wright, P.Eng.
- The results of the metallurgical test work program support the advancement of the J&L project metallurgy and have better defined the process flowsheet. Overall concentrate grades and recovery of gold, silver, lead and zinc continue to be promising for all of the J&L ore zones tested, using conventional technology.
- While further testing is planned with project development, a successful concept for processing the Main Zone material consists of dense media (DMS) sinks going to differential flotation to produce separate lead and zinc concentrates both having precious metal credits. Further recovery of the remaining precious metals in the Main Zone can be accomplished on site using pressure oxidation (POX), followed by cyanidation in order to produce doré.
- The Yellowjacket material can incorporate portions of a similar flowsheet without the need for DMS and with the elimination of the POX and leach circuits.
- The metallurgical testing assumed an average grade of the mill head from the Main Zone at 9 g/t Au, 67 g/t Ag, 2.5% Pb, and 4.2% Zn; and from the Yellowjacket Zone at 0.1 g/t Au, 55 g/t Ag, 2.0% Pb, and 7.9% Zn.
- For the Main Zone, the current results indicate average metal recoveries can be expected to be 93% Au, 70% Ag, 74% Pb and 80% Zn.
- For the Yellowjacket Zone, the current results indicate average metal recoveries can be expected to be 94% Ag, 88% Pb and 93% Zn.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV