SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- RSA® CONFERENCE 2014 --
- Today, RSA and Pivotal announced the availability of a Big Data for Security Analytics reference architecture, providing insights into the visibility, analytics and actionable intelligence organizations need to detect and investigate today's security threats
- RSA Security Analytics, supported by Pivotal Hadoop technology, help organizations quickly detect, investigate and respond to security incidents before they have the opportunity to impact business
- The RSA Pivotal Reference Architecture serves as a guide to organizations looking to create a scalable approach to Security Analytics, and also ties into a wider approach to analytics of IT operations data and the creation of an "IT Data Lake"
RSA, The Security Division of EMC (NYSE: EMC), today announced the availability of a new reference architecture created with Pivotal to help organizations add flexibility and power to security analytics while laying the foundation for broader IT analytics investments. Building on the expertise of both RSA and Pivotal, this reference architecture helps organizations gain insights into the visibility, analytics and actionable intelligence they need to detect and investigate today's security threats while also providing a solid foundation for a broader 'IT Data Lake' strategy, which helps to control costs and enables organizations to gain maximum value from IT systems.Additionally, the new reference architecture showcases how the technologies from both companies can work together to help organizations investigate and respond to security incidents before they have the opportunity to impact the business. Together, RSA and Pivotal can help security analysts and incident responders with:
- Greater Visibility through full network packet capture, log collection and contextual data enrichment to spot threats designed to evade detection by common security tools.
- Enhanced Analytics at the time of packet capture and throughout its lifecycle to its archival and retirement, to spot anomalies and reveal indicators of attack and compromise.
- Actionable intelligence through data visualization, feeds of suspicious activity, and prioritization of alerts that allow analysts to respond appropriately to threats.
- Enterprise deployability and scale, using distributed, high availability, scale-out architectures that allow for expansion and flexibility to scale to the largest of environments.
- Flexibility and Agility through the ability to take advantage of new analytics modules and new data sources as they are developed or integrated, ensuring security operations are 'future-proofed' as threats and business processes evolve.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts