3 Food & Beverage Stocks Dragging The Industry Down
1. As of noon trading, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters ( GMCR) is down $2.22 (-1.8%) to $119.27 on light volume. Thus far, 1.4 million shares of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $118.54-$121.93 after having opened the day at $121.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $121.49. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. is engaged in the specialty coffee and coffeemaker businesses in the United States and Canada. The company operates through two segments, Domestic and Canada. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters has a market cap of $18.3 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are up 62.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Green Mountain Coffee Roasters a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Green Mountain Coffee Roasters as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Get the full Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the food & beverage industry could consider PowerShares Dynamic Food & Beverage ( PBJ) while those bearish on the food & beverage industry could consider PowerShares DB Agriculture Sht ETN ( ADZ).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts