HOUSTON, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Oceaneering International, Inc. (NYSE: OII) announced today that Eric A. Silva has joined Oceaneering as Vice President and Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Mr. Silva's career spans over 30 years, with more than 10 years of information technology services leadership experience, in the chemical, energy, and oil and gas industries. He was most recently the CIO at El Paso Corporation and, prior to that, at LyondellBasell and Lyondell. Mr. Silva holds a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of Texas.
Marvin J. Migura, Executive Vice President, stated, "I am pleased to make this announcement regarding Eric's appointment at a time when Oceaneering is being challenged by our customers to deliver more technology-based services. Eric's experience has prepared him to provide us leadership to improve and expand our information technology capabilities and thereby enhance our global competitiveness. He has a record of accomplishing the strategic alignment of technology and services with corporate goals for maximizing bottom-line results."
Mr. Silva is replacing Gregg K. Farris, who will be retiring at the end of March 2014.Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. For further information, please contact Jack Jurkoshek, Director Investor Relations, Oceaneering International, Inc., 11911 FM 529, Houston, Texas 77041; Telephone 713-329-4670; www.oceaneering.com; E-Mail email@example.com. SOURCE Oceaneering International, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV