However, the duo wanted to add to their Facebook position by trimming, but not selling completely, their position in Apple (AAPL).
Cramer and Link said they like Apple because of its valuation, share buyback and upcoming products, but "see no near-term catalyst" justifying a large position in the stock.
Facebook is another story however. The company has strong business momentum and continues to post impressive revenue growth, which was up 63% year-over-year in the fourth quarter. They also praised the recent acquisition of WhatsApp, although they admitted it was done at a lofty price.The deal will allow Facebook to expand its international reach, as well as expand its mobile product profile. They called the deal "a smart move for the long run." Link and Cramer concluded that WhatsApp could reach 1 billion users within two years, especially under Facebook's management. Get more of Cramer and Link's top picks in real-time. Click here to begin your free trial today! At the time of publication, Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS portfolio had holdings in Apple and Facebook. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV