- Make sure your tires are properly inflated.
- Leave plenty of room in front of your vehicle so you can avoid potholes without getting into a crash.
- If you can't avoid a pothole, slow down before you hit it and don't brake. Braking can actually cause more damage.
- When driving over the pothole, hold the steering wheel firmly to avoid losing control.
- Use caution and drive slowly when driving over a puddle of water or through the snow because it might be hiding a particularly deep pothole.
How To Avoid Potholes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts