LexisNexis® Legal & Professional ( www.lexisnexis.com), a leading global provider of content and technology solutions, today announced the release of a new version of its TextMap® transcript management software, which now supports full-text searching of transcript annotations and case exhibits, in addition to the existing support for searching trial and deposition transcripts.
“TextMap 7 makes it much easier for our customers to locate a specific transcript or case exhibit for review within seconds, no matter where it resides in the database,” said Steve Ashbacher, vice president of the CaseMap suite of products at LexisNexis.
Ashbacher noted that the company made improvements to the way TextMap 7 indexes case data and enhanced the search technology in the software to open up annotation notes, exhibit document contents and scanned exhibit image files. TextMap 7 now supports even the largest of cases, in which there can be thousands of transcripts that must be managed.
"The technology improvements in TextMap 7 have made it possible to dramatically improve indexing speed,” said Ashbacher. "For databases containing 1,000 transcripts or more, TextMap 7 is able to index the case 85 percent faster than the prior version of the software.”For more information or to download a free trial of TextMap, please go to: www.lexisnexis.com/litigation-textmap. There is also a LexisNexis TextMap app for iPad® available from the Apple iTunes store: www.lexisnexis.com/textmap-app-download. TextMap manages transcripts and deposition video in an electronic format. The software enables litigation teams to create a searchable database of electronic transcripts from case depositions, examinations and other proceedings. TextMap is widely used by law firms of all sizes because of its ease-of-use, its ability to link multiple exhibits to transcripts and its robust reporting capabilities. In addition to the new support for full-text searching across the entire database and the significant increase in indexing speed, other features introduced in TextMap 7 include the following:
- Transcript Folders – users can organize the transcript list into various transcript groups, making it easier and faster to locate transcripts when working on a large matter;
- Reporting Enhancements – the search report and annotation digest templates have been improved to provide greater flexibility and customization options; and
- Support for Duplicate Exhibit Names – exhibits are organized by transcript and automatically stored in transcript-specific sub-folders, giving litigation teams the ability to name exhibits to match their workflow.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts