Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Realogy Holdings (RLGY) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Realogy Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RLGY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $61.1 million.
- RLGY has traded 751,802 shares today.
- RLGY traded in a range 249.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.78.
- RLGY traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 13 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 13 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RLGY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RLGY NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on RLGY: Realogy Holdings Corp., through its subsidiaries, provides real estate and relocation services in the United States and internationally. RLGY has a PE ratio of 2.6. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Realogy Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.The average volume for Realogy Holdings has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Realogy has a market cap of $6.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are down 7.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Realogy Holdings as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and poor profit margins.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Although RLGY's debt-to-equity ratio of 2.52 is very high, it is currently less than that of the industry average. To add to this, RLGY has a quick ratio of 0.69, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for REALOGY HOLDINGS CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.37%. Regardless of RLGY's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.01% trails the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, RLGY has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Regardless of the rise in share value over the previous year, we feel that the risks involved in investing in this stock do not compensate for any future upside potential.
- REALOGY HOLDINGS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.09 versus -$3.73).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Management & Development industry. The net income increased by 420.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$34.00 million to $109.00 million.
- You can view the full Realogy Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about RLGY
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV