ROLLE, Switzerland, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In the culmination of the 6 th annual Honeywell/SAE Student Automotive Design Challenge (SADC), local students from China, Romania and Mexico won first, second and third place respectively in the international challenge.
'The Rescue Car' project from Zhangjiang Experimental High School in Shanghai, China; 'Fast Fun Toys Corporation' from "Sfantul Vasile" Secondary School in Ploiesti, Romania; and, 'Sala's Motors' from Colegio Americano de Mexicali from Mexico, were chosen by more than 1,000 global Honeywell employees in a global online vote as the top three entries in the 2013 SADC event. Each student group will be recognized with an award ceremony from the local Honeywell plant which sponsored the school in this year's program.
"With this international SADC challenge, we aim to inspire classrooms and show kids that the knowledge they acquire from their studies can be applied in a real - and fun - way," said Honeywell Transportation Systems Chief Technology Officer Karl-Heinz Bauer. "For the past six years, we've been able to mentor nearly 2,000 students from all over the globe to show them the endless possibilities of math and science and maybe inspired the next generation of automotive engineers and technology professionals."
The SADC is a co-sponsored program between Honeywell and SAE International, in which small groups of middle school students ages 11 to 14 execute a multi-disciplinary curriculum into the development of their final project. During the six to eight week in-class school curriculum, the students are connected to Honeywell engineers, who mentor and guide them through this process, giving the students an opportunity to connect and engage with the automotive industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV