It’s the meal that inspired the signature routine for one of America’s most famous comedians. (You’re welcome, Patton Oswalt.) The dish was described by a national food writer as “the kitchen sink of KFC goodies, a little of a lot of things, all smushed together in a big, action-packed ‘portable’ bowl.’”
Seven years after its debut, the Famous Bowl remains one of the most talked-about dishes to ever appear on a KFC menu. (It doesn’t generate quite as much conversation as the legendary Double Down®, but then again, few topics do.) So why the fascination with the Famous Bowl?
Sure, crispy chicken, corn, mashed potatoes, gravy and cheese taste great separately. But put those same foods in a bowl and you’ve got yourself a dish that creates a great debate: Should foods touch or not?
“Turns out, that simple question inspires some very passionate responses, both ‘yea’ and ‘nay,’” said Kevin Hochman, Chief Marketing Officer for KFC U.S. “We recently surveyed Americans and found that 57 percent are okay with having at least some of their foods touch. To those folks we say, ‘thanks,” and this Famous Bowl is designed especially for you.”While more than half of Americans said having foods mixed together was just fine with them, a third said they want to keep foods in their proper places on the plate and eight percent confessed to wanting each food on a separate plate. To dig a bit deeper into this touchy question, KFC enlisted Dr. David Solot, an authority on eating habits with a Ph. D. in organizational psychology.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV