LOS ANGELES, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Financial software company BlackLine Systems and enterprise application software leader SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) hosted a webinar last week to show how global organizations can close their books with confidence using the BlackLine Financial Close Suite for SAP® Solutions .
The webinar, which attracted more than 400 finance, accounting, audit and compliance managers in midsize to large enterprises around the world, focused on how finance managers and compliance officers can further ensure the integrity of their balance sheets – and ultimately financial reports – by implementing enterprise-class financial software packages, such as BlackLine's flagship SaaS-based offering, to automate the traditionally manual, labor-intensive and spreadsheet-driven account reconciliation process. Mark Pischke and Karen Santagata of the Accounting Services team at Kraft Foods presented a case study on the benefits of BlackLine, ease of integration with SAP solutions, and return on investment (ROI) the food & beverage company has realized since using BlackLine alongside SAP software.
Led by Mario Spanicciati, EVP of Operations and executive director of EMEA for BlackLine Systems, the webinar was designed to inform customers, whether operating in an environment of only SAP solutions or applications from multiple vendors, how account reconciliation process optimization can help them achieve a quicker and more accurate financial close process. The session demonstrated the importance of the account reconciliation process as a critical step on the path to "closing with confidence."Stefan Karl, chief solution expert, Finance Solutions, SAP AG, participated, as well. Attendees heard how, by automating their account reconciliations, they can:
- Virtually eliminate spreadsheets (and the manual errors that often come with them) from their account reconciliation process
- Automate traditionally manual accounting functions
- Have a faster, more efficient close cycle - maintaining more control and visibility worldwide, while reducing risk
- Realize exceptional ROI in a very short timeframe
- Improve the accuracy and timeliness of compliance reporting
- Manage compliance while servicing multiple locations