Commonwealth Toy & Novelty Co.
Smarter than a ..... teddy bear?
Maybe it was the resemblance to Ted, but WikiBear was getting a lot of attention at the toy fair. Of course, WikiBear is a friendlier, G-rated version of the movie version stuffed bear persona, voiced by Seth MacFarlane.Targeted for kids ages four to eight, WikiBear is a battery-operated voice-activated stuffed (hello Bluetooth!) bear that connects wirelessly to any smart device. Kids simply have to download the app and start talking or asking questions. If the information is in Wikipedia as well as other Web sites or content on the attached smartphone's apps (that could include asking it to play music, read from a downloaded book or about local news such as sports or weather), WikiBear should have an answer for them. WikiBear also holds original content such as stories about cowboys, wizards, fairies and princesses for children, the company says. And it has its own opinions for questions such as favorite color, ice cream flavor or story it likes. WikiBear can remember names, likes and dislikes and more to allow the stuffed animal to interact with kids. The high-tech teddy bear is positioned as a confidence booster and good for socially anxious children, the company says. While the bear is still in beta, it's set to officially hit stores in September, with a few slight changes. (For one, WikiBear's voice will be changing to mimic a child's voice to sound less robotic.) WikiBear will sell for between $59.99 and $69.99.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV