NEW YORK (TheStreet) - More than 30,000 attendees crowded last week's American International Toy Fair, hosted by the Toy Industry Association at the Jacob Javits Center in New York.
Throughout the four-day event big and small toy makers and kid-friendly product companies showcased their wares to buyers, the media and other industry types.
Traditional brands like Crayola, LEGO and Mattel (MAT) invaded the Javits center to show off their latest gear, but there were a host of smaller companies looking to get their merchandise in stores.
TheStreet headed to the Javits Center last week to take in this year's Toy Fair, but one day wasn't nearly enough to survey the hundreds of companies exhibiting.That said, in today's digital age, kids are more comfortable than ever with technology. In fact, the association hosted its Digital Kids Conference over the final two days of the Toy Fair. "Digital devices are really the fork and spoon for kids today," Tony Bordon, head of Lionel Trains' digital media division, said during a presentation on "Reinventing a Heritage Brand for Young Digital Consumers." Plenty of companies were at the Toy Fair to display their Apple (AAPL) iPhone or Google (GOOG) Android-led toys. Here are a few digital toys we found that kids are sure to love.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV