NEW YORK, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Scholastic (NASDAQ: SCHL) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation today released results from the comprehensive survey Primary Sources: America's Teachers on Teaching in an Era of Change . More than 20,000 teachers in all 50 states participated in this research, revealing teachers' views on the rewards and challenges of teaching, the implementation of the Common Core State Standards, how teacher evaluation systems are working, how parents can best support their children's success in school and more.
" Primary Sources is a reflection of the most pressing issues we are facing as teachers today," said Naima Lilly, a math educator in New York City. "We need to include teachers in the ongoing conversations surrounding education, particularly on the tough topics, to determine what is actually happening, how it is working and how we can focus on solutions. The teacher's voice is imperative and I hope this report provides insight to leaders at all levels."The Primary Sources study seeks to raise awareness of teachers' views on current issues affecting PreK–12 education. Reflecting this goal, Primary Sources data show that teachers are most satisfied in their jobs when their voices are heard in their school, district, state and nationally. "Throughout Primary Sources, we see that many of the anxieties teachers have today come from a place of concern for the diverse students who populate their classrooms and how best to provide a quality education for each one," noted Margery Mayer, President, Scholastic Education. "We must listen to our teachers and provide them with the quality resources and professional development they need to raise the bar for their students and, at the same time, raise the floor for their students who are struggling." This survey—the third installment of the report—comes at a critical time for educators across the country.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV