LOS ANGELES, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- With America's biggest movie night right around the corner, Evite ( www.evite.com), the leader in digital invitations and social planning, today announced the first major installment of its innovative marketing collaboration with the social video app, ConnecTV ( www.connectv.com), that promotes in-home and virtual viewing parties. Right now, consumers can visit Evite's movie-themed landing page for expert tips on throwing the ultimate, "Oscar-worthy" get-together with their friends and family. And, on March 2, 2014, the party brand and ConnecTV will host a special LIVE viewing party via social media, allowing people across the country to join the conversation online and share their favorite six-second moments from the event.
"We have experienced an overwhelmingly positive response to in-home parties around America's most popular TV shows and sporting events," said Jennifer Kelly Dominiquini, chief marketing officer of Evite. "With this viewing party, we're enhancing one of the most highly-anticipated evenings of the year by bringing our favorite event moments to the virtual world."
To help bring these viewing parties to life, hosts can take advantage of Evite's step-by-step party playbook with information on how to:
- Host your own big party with Evite: Create your own personal invitations with the exclusive Oscars-themed Evite invite that can include a short message and a link back to the landing page so guests can join in on the virtual festivities. Be sure to send them out to your friends and family near and far to join your party on Hollywood's biggest night.
- Prep for your big party at home: Research fun, simple movie-themed decor tips (i.e., Awards Party Backdrop) and ideas from Evite's own in-house party stylists and begin the creation process early to make your party as stress-free and memorable as possible.
- Brew up your own delicious cocktails and treats: Make the night even more memorable and stir up festive cocktails like Star-Struck Champagne Cocktails and serve your guests movie-themed snacks like Popcorn with Panache, Fiesta Nacho Bites and Black-Tie Pretzel Rods.
- Print your own BIG Party Playbook and Voting Ballot: Get the scoop on all the stars and films and print out your Oscar night voting ballot so all your party guests can play along with the ABC broadcast.
- Watch the show LIVE with ConnecTV: Download the free social video app through the iTunes App Store and clip your perfect six-second moments from the Red Carpet and the Awards show. Whether it's a fashion faux pas or a favorite speech or the "Best Picture" announcement, guests can personalize their special moments with comments and share through their own social spheres on Facebook, Twitter and email – all with just one tap.
- Win prizes including a trip to Hollywood, party packs and more: Evite and ConnecTV are giving away prizes throughout the duration of the show including cash, party packs and a grand prize trip to Hollywood to those fans sharing clips from their favorite award moments and those fans sharing pictures and videos on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using #AwardsParty2014.
"Whether you're holding your own party or joining our virtual BIG Hollywood party across America, you can now have the BEST Oscar experience with Evite party tips and ConnecTV's app that lets you capture those water cooler video moments and share them with other movie fans and friends while you're watching the Oscars LIVE," said Stacy Jolna, co-founder and chief marketing officer of ConnecTV. "We want to re-ignite the passion of live TV events such as The Oscars and offer our Social TV Video Network to bring America together under one 'virtual' roof for a totally unique viewing party that will transform the way we watch TV."Evite and ConnecTV launched this unique marketing partnership in January 2014. In the coming months, the two companies will develop viewing parties around marquee sport events, reality competitions and other Red Carpet awards shows. For even more Evite party invitations you can send by email or mail, please visit www.evite.com. For party planning tips, decor ideas and recipes, please visit www.ideas.evite.com. To download ConnecTV's free mobile app on iOS, please visit https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/connectv/id485589616?mt=8. About Evite With over 32 million registered users, Evite ( www.evite.com) is the leading digital invitation and social event planning brand. Evite's free, easy-to-use invitation designs kick off more than 7 million parties and gatherings every year. With 25,000 invitations sent every hour, and party-planning tools that handle hundreds of millions of RSVPs annually, Evite is responsible for more celebrations than any other online brand. Launched in 1998, Evite is headquartered in Los Angeles and is a wholly-owned operating business of Liberty Interactive Corporation (NASDAQ: LINTA, LINTB). Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/evite https://twitter.com/evite https://plus.google.com/u/0/s/evite http://www.pinterest.com/evite/ Instagram: ThisisEvite About ConnecTV ConnecTV is a social video network for TV fans of all ages. The application syncs to your TV and allows you to capture and share your favorite six-second moment. The company's SocialTV Timeline™ syncs companion content and information to provide a richer social experience and help drive program promotion and tune-in to the show you are watching. ConnecTV's TV AdSync Network™ allows broadcasters, networks and advertisers the ability to synchronize related content to TV spots. ConnecTV was founded by pioneering executives at the intersection of media, entertainment and technology: Ian Aaron, Alan Moskowitz and Stacy Jolna. The company has been funded by private investors and 10 U.S. television station groups. For more information, please visit http://connectv.com. Media contact: Monica Caires Grayling (323) 648-5426 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Evite