CHENNAI, India and BELMONT, Calif., Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SunEdison (NYSE: SUNE), a leading solar technology manufacturer and provider of solar energy services, today announced that it has commenced full-time operations at its 18 MW (megawatt) Tirunelveli solar power plant in Tamil Nadu. The park is designed to help commercial and industrial businesses easily own a solar park. SunEdison relied on its global experience to select a site, obtain permits, design and build a unique solar park that allows businesses to procure as much solar electricity as they desire without having to become solar experts.
Thanks to the 2012 Accelerated Depreciation Benefit for Solar tax law and competitively priced solar power through the Open Access program, businesses investing in the Tirunelveli Solar Park can expect a rapid return on their investment. The Accelerated Depreciation Benefit allows businesses in India to receive 100% depreciation on solar assets in the first year after purchase. The Open Access program allows developers to sell Renewable Energy Credits. Businesses that purchase part of the Tirunelveli Solar Park can typically expect payback of their equity investment as a tax credit within the first year. Power generated by their portion of the Tirunelveli Solar Park will be fed into the local electricity grid to offset their electricity bills. The Tirunelveli Solar Park locks in electricity pricing for 25 years, protecting owners from the rising costs of fossil fuel generated electricity.
Building a solar park requires expertise outside of most businesses' core competencies such as procuring appropriate land, obtaining necessary permits and designing a profitable solar electricity plant. SunEdison is solving this issue by offering a secure, turnkey solution based on the knowledge the company has amassed interconnecting 1.4 GW (gigawatts) and operating 1.9 GW of solar worldwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV