PLANO, Texas, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Popping its way into the hearts and hands of snack lovers nationwide, the Smartfood brand introduces Smartfood Delight popcorn, a brand of reduced-fat popcorn perfect for health-conscious consumers looking for smarter snacking options. Smartfood Delight popcorn is available in Sea Salt and White Cheddar flavors, offering consumers a tasty new way to enjoy delicious flavors at 35 calories per cup. Smartfood, America's favorite popcorn brand, is one of the many brands from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division.
"Consumers are becoming increasingly more aware of their snacking choices, which is why we created Smartfood Delight popcorn, answering the need for a new reduced-fat snack that doesn't compromise on delicious flavor," said Dave Skena, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay. "At 35 calories per cup, Smartfood Delight snacks offer popcorn lovers a flavorful new option they can feel good about eating."
Made from 100 percent whole-grain popcorn, Smartfood Delight popcorn is gluten free and contains no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. Now available in two varieties at retailers nationwide, Smartfood Delight popcorn features:
- Smartfood Delight Sea Salt Popcorn: Sea salt brings out the delicious air-popped popcorn taste, making Smartfood Delight Sea Salt popcorn a great snack any time of day.
- Smartfood Delight White Cheddar Popcorn: With the right combination of delectable white cheddar cheese and a satisfying crunch, this classic flavor has 50 percent less fat than regular Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn.
Smartfood Delight Sea Salt popcorn is available in 5.5 oz bags for a suggested retail price of $3.99. Smartfood Delight White Cheddar popcorn is available in 6.5 oz bags for a suggested retail price of $3.99. For more information, visit www.smartfood.com or www.facebook.com/Smartfood.About Smartfood Smartfood is one of the many brands that make up Frito-Lay North America, the $13 billion convenient foods business unit of PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP), which is headquartered in Purchase, NY. Learn more about Smartfood at www.facebook.com/smartfood and Frito-Lay at the corporate website, http://www.fritolay.com, the Snack Chat blog, http://www.snacks.com/ and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/fritolay. About PepsiCo PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit http://www.pepsico.com/. Follow PepsiCo:
- Twitter (@PepsiCo)
- PepsiCo Blogs
- PepsiCo Press Releases
- PepsiCo Multimedia
- PepsiCo Videos
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV