COLUMBUS, Ohio, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- T. Marzetti Company, a leader in refrigerated salad dressings, is excited to announce that its Simply Dressed ® Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing has been selected as one of Parents magazine's top picks for the "2014 Best Packaged Foods." Dubbed as a family-friendly item tested among more than 75 kids and parents, the unique dressing received a "yum" from kids and "two thumps up" from busy home cooks for containing minimal levels of fat and sodium, no artificial colors or flavors and saving time in the kitchen.
"Today's shoppers are craving products that contain real, simple and delicious ingredients that they know and understand," said Mary Beth Cowardin, director of marketing for the Marzetti ® brand. "We are thrilled that Simply Dressed Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing delivers on what consumers are looking for and we're honored to be recognized by Parents magazine."
The Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing incorporates a familiar ingredient – yogurt – making it a delicious light alternative to regular salad dressings that kids enjoy and parents can feel good about.
Among the Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing were five other new flavors introduced to the Simply Dressed line in 2013. Simply Dressed flavors are just that – simple, easy to understand, familiar ingredients such as extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, and sea salt. You won't find preservatives, trans fats, added MSG or artificial flavors – just real, simple and delicious ingredients.Full Line of New Simply Dressed Flavors Include: Flavorful Vinaigrettes
- Lemon Vinaigrette: Popular restaurant salad dressing now available to enjoy at home
- Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette: Combination of balsamic flavor with a sweet cherry twist
- Light Balsamic Vinaigrette: First yogurt-based balsamic vinaigrette creating a smooth and light taste
- Light Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette: Roasted tomato is blended to make the perfect complement to any salad
- Light Red Wine Italian Vinaigrette: New twist on a household staple dressing and classic favorite
- Light Veggie Ranch: Light yogurt-based ranch, blended with carrots and peppers