The survey also reveals some interesting findings about why travelers write reviews and how they use them when planning a trip.
Why do travelers write reviews? The majority of respondents write reviews for positive reasons, with 74 percent of travelers stating that they 'feel good about sharing useful information with other travelers' and 70 percent of respondents stating that they wanted to share a good experience with others.
How to use reviews When researching places to stay on TripAdvisor, 80 percent of respondents read at least 6-12 reviews before making their decision, and they're most interested in recent reviews that will give them the freshest feedback.
"Travelers keep coming back to TripAdvisor because they find the user-generated content useful," said Kaufer. "It's so helpful that hundreds of other travel and lifestyle brands see the value in integrating our content onto their sites. We thank our passionate community for sharing their travel experiences on TripAdvisor and helping other travelers plan their perfect trip."FUN FACTS
- 24,710 TripAdvisor members have contributed more than 100 reviews.
- For a hotel in the top 500 most searched destinations on TripAdvisor, the average number of reviews is 174.
- The most reviewed hotel is the Luxor Las Vegas with 13,677 reviews.
- The most photographed hotel is the Majestic Colonial Punta Cana with 16,274 photos.
- The most reviewed restaurant is Mon Ami Gabi in Las Vegas with 4,729 reviews.
- The most photographed restaurant is Mama's Fish House in Hawaii with 1,196 photos.
- The most reviewed attraction on TripAdvisor is the Eiffel Tower with 24,413 reviews.
- The most photographed attraction is the Eiffel Tower with 9,181 photos.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts