Lumos Networks Corp. (“Lumos Networks” or “the Company”) (Nasdaq:LMOS), a fiber-based service provider of data, voice and IP-based telecommunication services in the Mid-Atlantic region, today announced financial results for its fourth quarter of 2013 and the full year 2013.
Total revenue in 2013 was $207.5 million compared to $206.9 million in 2012. Total Adjusted EBITDA in 2013 was $96.3 million versus $88.9 million in 2012. Total revenue for the fourth quarter of 2013 was $51.0 million, compared to $52.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2012 and $51.6 million in the third quarter of 2013. Total Adjusted EBITDA was $24.0 million for the fourth quarter of 2013, compared to $23.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 and $23.0 million in the third quarter of 2013.
“In 2013, Lumos Networks’ strategic data revenue grew by 11.3% year-over-year, which offset declines in our legacy voice revenue streams, and overall Adjusted EBITDA grew by 8.4% as a result of effective expense control. We had sequential strategic data revenue growth in each quarter of 2013 and for the total year strategic data revenue accounted for more than 50% of our total revenue,” said Mr. Biltz, President and CEO.
“For 2014, we have targeted year-over-year strategic data revenue growth in the 6% to 8% range and the same level of overall Adjusted EBITDA as generated in 2013. Total revenue in 2014 is likely to be marginally down when compared to 2013 as a result of our legacy voice revenue streams,” continued Mr. Biltz. “In 2014, we plan to continue to tightly control expenses while making major investments in our fiber optics network and expansion markets to enhance our capability to increase fiber bandwidth revenue from both carrier and enterprise customers. We believe that these investments will position the Company to increase total revenue and profitability on an annual run-rate basis as we exit 2014,” concluded Mr. Biltz.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV