- Etisalat Group to boost its high-speed communications and video delivery networks using Ericsson's innovative technologies and services
- Citizens to have access to public services from any internet-enabled mobile device, anywhere and anytime
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Feb. 25, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In recognition of the ICT (information and communications technology) market transformation and the need to adopt the latest digital technologies to satisfy consumers, Etisalat and Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding for a new collaboration at Mobile World Congress (MWC). The collaboration will enable a high-speed, responsive network, laying the foundation for next-generation infrastructure for m-government and smart city initiatives.
High-speed broadband connectivity is fundamentally changing the way people live, interact and do business; consumers expect access to information, entertainment and businesses with faster speeds.
Through this partnership, Etisalat Group will launch trials of innovative Ericsson technologies such as LTE Broadcast, Ericsson Radio Dot System, and Ericsson's heterogeneous network solutions."Over the years, Etisalat Group has demonstrated its ability to build and sustain the most advanced and innovative networks," says Mr. Hatem Bamatraf, Chief Technology Officer at Etisalat Group. "Conducting such innovative trials is only the first step. This will pave the way for further collaborations and the eventual delivery of more advanced, reliable and faster broadband access to users across the region," he added. Etisalat will jointly collaborate with Ericsson to roll out a mobile identity based service, and to explore opportunities for expanding these services across each of the countries Etisalat Group operates in. Mobile identity is a key foundation for m-government, m-commerce and m-health services. The service allows subscribers to use their mobile identity securely via a one-click sign in, giving access to diverse applications, government services and websites, without the risk of being data-mined by the various ID providers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV