AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), the online security company for 177 million active users, today announced the addition of an administration console for Android™ that extends the mobile management capabilities of its AVG CloudCare™ cloud-based, security services platform. The new console gives partners a greater choice of mobile platforms via which to remotely manage AVG CloudCare security services on their customers' IT systems.
"Last year we introduced an iOS® console for those AVG CloudCare partners with an iPad® or iPhone® to allow them to perform some basic administration tasks for their AVG CloudCare customers while on the road," said Mike Foreman, AVG's General Manager, SMB. "This latest step recognizes the growing popularity of the Android platform which accounts for around 62 percent of the market and has been developed in line with growing market and partner demand."
"Today's move is further evidence of how committed we are to listening to our partners and that we strive to enhance the value of our cloud services platform to the Channel," he added.
The AVG CloudCare app for Android allows partners to carry out some of the most common administration tasks from their Android mobile device including:
- View and acknowledge all or individual customer alerts as well as manage individual services
- Acknowledge/view the detailed data of alerts to find out more information
- Remotely deploy services such as antivirus, content filtering and online backup to customer devices via email
- Access the AVG CloudCare partner forums
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV