BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) today announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., is powering Samsung's newest flagship smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S5. The Samsung Galaxy S5 features the Qualcomm ® Snapdragon ™ 801 processor with integrated LTE, along with a broad set of features from Qualcomm Technologies making this device the next in ultimate mobility. Additionally, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor is featured in the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, bringing LTE connectivity in mainstream smartphones for the very first time. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 and 400 chipsets are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
"We are excited that Samsung has selected chipsets from Qualcomm Technologies to power the Galaxy S5 and the Grand 2," said Murthy Renduchintala, executive vice president, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and co-president, QCT. "With integrated 4G LTE connectivity and industry-leading camera technology in our Snapdragon 801 and 400 processors, Samsung customers will have access to the rich connectivity, advanced multimedia and high performance features that Snapdragon processors and Samsung devices deliver to a broad range of customer."
"Qualcomm Technologies' diverse technology portfolio enables the right processing and connectivity solutions to meet the needs of a wide range of Samsung Galaxy customers worldwide," said Younghee Lee, Executive Vice President and Head of Mobile Marketing, Samsung. "From the flagship Galaxy S5 to the versatile Galaxy Grand 2, our customers can enjoy a mobile user experience like none other, complete with fast 4G LTE connections, stunning graphics and high-definition video helped by Qualcomm Technologies' leading LTE solutions."
The Snapdragon 801 processor featured in the Samsung Galaxy S5 is engineered to help enable outstanding mobile user experiences, including:
- Superior mobile graphics and multimedia: The Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor helps enable higher quality imaging with support for larger, faster camera sensors and improved image post-processing, immersive mobile graphics and gaming with enhanced Adreno 330 GPU performance, as well as higher speed SD card memory.
- Fast and seamless connectivity virtually anytime, anywhere: The Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor offers fully integrated connectivity with 4G LTE Advanced carrier aggregation for download speeds of up to 150Mbps, as well as dedicated hardware for dual-SIM/dual active (DSDA) service in China.
- Leading overall system performance and power efficiency: The Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor features Qualcomm Technologies' custom quad core Krait™ 400 CPU at up to 2.5GHz per core, its custom Adreno ™ 330 GPU for premium mobile graphics, and its custom Hexagon™ QDSP6 for ultra-low power applications. In the Snapdragon 801 processor, Qualcomm Technologies has boosted the performance of these key processing engines, and continues to achieve superior processing performance through the unique and efficient integration of all of its custom-designed processing engines, including Qualcomm Technologies' heterogeneous computing architecture.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV