TOMS RIVER, N.J., Feb. 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OceanFirst Financial Corp. (Nasdaq:OCFC), the holding company for OceanFirst Bank, today announced the Directors' appointment of Christopher D. Maher to the Boards of OceanFirst Financial Corp. and OceanFirst Bank. Mr. Maher's term is scheduled to expire in 2016.
Mr. Maher is President and Chief Operating Officer of the Company and the Bank. He has held both positions since he joined OceanFirst in March of 2013.
"Chris has been a valuable addition to our leadership team," said John R. Garbarino, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Garbarino added, "Chris has demonstrated his commitment to our community bank vision and our mission of building value for our shareholders. His appointment to our Board completes another key step to our succession planning."OceanFirst Financial Corp.'s subsidiary, OceanFirst Bank, founded in 1902, is a federally-chartered savings bank with $2.2 billion in assets and twenty-three branches located in Ocean, Monmouth and Middlesex Counties, New Jersey. The Bank is the largest and oldest community-based financial institution headquartered in Ocean County, New Jersey. OceanFirst Financial Corp.'s press releases are available by visiting us at www.oceanfirst.com .
CONTACT: Company Contact: Michael J. Fitzpatrick Chief Financial Officer OceanFirst Financial Corp. Tel: (732) 240-4500, ext. 7506 Fax: (732) 349-5070 email: Mfitzpatrick@oceanfirst.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV