LAS VEGAS, Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that SoftLayer is integrating IBM Power Systems into their cloud infrastructure that is expected to deliver a level and breadth of services beyond what has traditionally been available over the cloud. IBM also announced new services and tools that will help organizations deploy hybrid and private cloud environments.
Taking advantage of IBM's Power Systems line of servers built for Big Data demands, SoftLayer can help clients seeking cutting-edge technologies and tools to help them better capture, understand and leverage increasing volumes of data.
Additionally, the IBM Platform Computing Cloud Service will deliver a simplified management and a seamless user experience for hybrid cloud deploymentsFurther bolstering the IBM cloud portfolio, IBM Wave for z/VM will provide rapid insight into an organization's virtualized infrastructure with intelligent visualization, simplified monitoring and unified management. Power brings SoftLayer to Watson Last month IBM publicly committed $1.2 billion to expand IBM's global cloud footprint. In particular, IBM plans to deliver cloud services from 40 data centers worldwide in 15 countries and five continents globally, including North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Beginning next quarter and continuing over time, SoftLayer's first service built on Power Systems will be IBM Watson solutions followed by additional offerings leveraging Power Systems' advantages of optimization for data and analytics performance. The preliminary set of planned offerings includes:
- Watson solutions -- includes Watson Discovery Advisor, Watson Engagement Advisor and The Watson Development Cloud, a platform as a service that contains the technology, tools, SDKs and APIs that enable third parties to design, develop and deploy cognitive applications;
- Software as a Service -- includes a wide range of data services optimized on Power Systems including IBM's DB2 BLU with Acceleration and IBM Cognos analytics solutions; and
- Infrastructure as a Service -- bare metal Power Systems will be offered to clients as an on-demand infrastructure platform.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts