IBM has also worked with Mirantis, pure-play OpenStack vendor, to demonstrate that SoftLayer ® is an excellent platform to build scalable, available and reliable OpenStack clouds for enterprises, partners and developers. Through the benchmark, SoftLayer's bare-metal infrastructure is a proven platform to run OpenStack at massive scale.
IBM's ongoing support of OpenStack as a founding and platinum sponsor and now Cloud Foundry, jQuery and TOSCA builds the company's legacy of supporting open standards and open source initiatives to provide value to clients and create a stronger ecosystem to fuel innovation and drive success.
To foster adoption for the cloud and other industry initiatives that IBM believes will speed growth, IBM's Ecosystem Development business unit (formerly known as IDR) works with a robust group of Business Partners, academics, entrepreneurs, and IT professionals to help them become "best of breed" on IBM platforms.
The ecosystem, now more than ever, is playing an important role in IBM's strategy and ability to drive client success. IBM clients today are demanding a more simplified approach to sophisticated technologies, including cloud, in an effort to address complex challenges in a range of industries from healthcare to retail.By strengthening the ecosystem, IBM is encouraging collaboration with the breadth and depth designed to deliverskills and technologies to help bring innovative solutions to some of business and society's great challenges. In fact, IBM continues to grow the ecosystem and is positioned to help business partners transform with Cloud by coordinating talent, acquisitions & R&D to build a comprehensive Cloud portfolio. IBM Business Partners and ecosystem participants who have benefited and can benefit from cloud include:
- 100+ referring and selling partners for IBM SaaS portfolio
- Startups: 2000+ Members w/ Cloud Offerings
- Commercial Developers: 1250+ Cloud Solution ISVs; 1.6M Cloud developerWorks Profiles
- Individual Developers: 4800+ Cloud Communities on developerWorks
- Born on Cloud Partners: 1000+ Cloud based MSPs
- Business Partners: 1000+ Value-added Reseller and Distributors with an IBM Cloud mark
- Influencers: 200+ Champions on Cloud and related areas: Mobile, Social, Big Data
- Academia: 100 Universities, 200 Faculty, 2000+ Students in 20 Countries on Cloud
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV