LAS VEGAS, Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is accelerating the adoption of cloud computing through growth in the ecosystem that includes working with key open technology organizations that are focused on simplifying and speeding application deployment on the cloud.
In addition, IBM will join Pivotal and a number of other companies to establish the Cloud Foundry to help drive global collaboration with developers and cloud computing technologists. In doing so, they will seek to produce a ubiquitous Platform-as-a-Service open source cloud computing platform for public and private clouds. IBM will also be a platinum-level sponsor for Cloud Foundry and will become a member of its board of directors, taking an active role in developing and promoting the Cloud Foundry project."Independent foundations like Cloud Foundry and jQuery are important steps toward building an industry-wide open cloud architecture and simplify how Web-based applications are built and deployed," said Dr. Angel Diaz, IBM's Vice President Open Technology and Cloud Performance Solutions. "To support this, IBM will join these foundations and take an active role in developing and promoting both communities." Additionally, IBM continues to drive industry adoption of the OASIS Topology & Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA) standard to address the demand for portability of workloads. TOSCA, co-chaired by IBM, is now gaining traction within the growing OpenStack HOT project. As the community explores alignment with TOSCA, they will demonstrate how cloud applications can be modeled, shared, deployed and managed, seamlessly, amongst products and cloud platforms, from multiple vendors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV