Brand Finance has named UPS (NYSE: UPS) to its Brandirectory list of 500 most valuable global brands in 2014.
Ranking No. 48 this year, the Atlanta-based company inched a step higher over 2013, when the company ranked No. 49. UPS is also the only package delivery, freight and logistics services provider to make the Top 50 and is the world’s most valuable brand in this industry, according to the directory.
Brand Finance, based in London, has been ranking global brands since 2007. The site rates enterprises based on a system called the Brand Strength Index, which looks at the risks and future potential, among other factors, of brands. It assigns scores much like a credit rating from D to AAA+. UPS received a rating of AA+ in 2014, which puts the brand between “very strong” and “extremely strong.”
“The UPS brand is highly valued by our customers due to the industry specific solutions and innovation we bring to their supply chains,” said Alan Gershenhorn, UPS chief sales, marketing and strategy officer. “The investments we are making for the future will also advance our leadership position.”To view the complete listing, click here. UPS (NYSE: UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including the transportation of packages and freight, the facilitation of international trade, and the deployment of advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, USA, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories. The company can be found on the web at UPS.com and corporate blog can be found at blog.ups.com. To get UPS news direct, visit pressroom.ups.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV