On 2/26/14, Bank of America Corp.'s 6.204% Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock, Series D (BAC.PRD) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.3877, payable on 3/14/14. As a percentage of BAC.PRD's recent share price of $24.97, this dividend works out to approximately 1.55%, so look for shares of BAC.PRD to trade 1.55% lower — all else being equal — when BAC.PRD shares open for trading on 2/26/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.23%, which compares to an average yield of 5.76% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, BAC.PRD was trading at a 0.40% discount to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of BAC.PRD shares, versus BAC:
Below is a dividend history chart for BAC.PRD, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.3877 on Bank of America Corp.'s 6.204% Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock, Series D:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Bank of America Corp. (BAC) makes up 8.92% of the KBW Bank Portfolio ETF (KBWB) which is trading relatively unchanged on the day Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV