NEW YORK (TheStreet) - WrestleMania is now available on Apple TV.
World Wrestling Entertainment
(WWE) viewers can get their fill of its popular pay-per-views, as well as old episode of Raw, Smackdown and Main Event shows and other programming via Apple's
(AAPL) Internet television service starting Monday, Feb. 24, a WWE spokeswoman confirmed today.
The move comes as WWE officially launched its WWE Network on Monday, following the expiration of WWE's exclusive deal with Comcast (CMCSA) subsidiary NBCUniversal. WWE has been revamping its positioning to a live content channel like MLB, NFL and the NBA.
WWE is another win for Apple as the Cupertino, Calif.-based company ramps up content for its Apple TV. Earlier this month, it dedicated an entire channel to The Beatles.
In June, it announced partnerships with HBO GO, WatchESPN, Sky News, Crunchyroll and Qello that offers live news, sports and current TV programming, the company said at the time. In November, Apple added more partnerships including ones with Yahoo! (YHOO) and PBS.Apple is getting ready to launch an updated set-top box and was reportedly in discussions with Time Warner Cable (TWC) to negotiate video content. But Comcast's announcement this month that it plans to acquire Time Warner Cable for $45 billion throws a wrench into that agreement and could send Apple back to the drawing board regarding future deals. Steve Jobs had envisioned the service to be "an integrated television set that is completely easy to use," and "seamlessly synced" with all of a viewer's devices, which included iCloud, as reported by the Washington Post. --Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. Follow @LKulikowski
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV