Stock market rises despite tanking dollar
This means that savings accounts join the U.S. dollar among the losers in this situation. Not that interest rates on savings accounts are likely to drop -- they are already so close to zero that is hardly possible. However, any hope of them finally rising in the first half of this year is quickly vanishing.
Of course, home buyers and home owners may benefit from lower mortgage and refinance rates. However, the boost from lower rates may be negated if the deteriorating economy makes loans harder to come by. Mortgage shoppers and stock market investors may find that a weakening economy is not good news for anybody in the long run.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV