Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
Cramer said that for many sectors and companies, the markets are working as they should, sending stocks higher as estimates rise and lower on disappointments. Macy's (M) and Home Depot (HD), both Action Alerts PLUS holdings, saw their shares rally on disappointments, but no one expected these retailers to do well, which made "less bad" good enough.
A Two-Track MarketWe have a two-track market, Cramer told viewers. On one track there are the rational stocks, while on the other there are stocks like Tesla, which on Tuesday rose over 13% after an analyst doubled his price target on the electric car maker from $153 to $320 a share. Cramer said the analyst making the call has indeed been right about Tesla thus far, but in order to meet these lofty valuations Tesla would need to expand battery production at a near-mythological pace. Cramer said this bold Tesla call reminded him of the "dot-bomb" era, when on Dec. 20, 1999, an analyst made a bold call on Qualcomm (QCOM), raising his target from $500 to $1,000. Shortly thereafter, the Nasdaq collapsed, and it took Qualcomm over 10 years to see its stock recover to that $500 level.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV