Today's Stocks Driving Success For The Energy Industry
2. As of noon trading, Chevron ( CVX) is up $2.10 (1.9%) to $114.78 on average volume. Thus far, 2.9 million shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $113.05-$114.81 after having opened the day at $113.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $112.68. Chevron Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in petroleum, chemicals, mining, power generation, and energy operations worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Upstream and Downstream. Chevron has a market cap of $220.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 9.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 8 analysts who rate Chevron a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Chevron as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Chevron Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts